When your diesel engine is in top condition, your vehicle runs at its best. High efficiency is the goal, so be sure to invest in maintaining your injection system. While highly specialized hardware, such as LBZ performance injectors, require special care, there are simple ways to gain this knowledge and keep your system working well. Follow these tips for achieving the best possible driving experience.
- Change Your Fluids: Sticking to your fluid change schedule is one of the best maintenance practices for your vehicle. Be sure to make appointments for oil changes, transmission flushes, and other fluid changes based on your owner’s manual.
- Keep A Clean Filter: Letting residue build up on your oil filter will cause your fuel to burn less efficiently. Either learn how to change it yourself or hire a professional to do so. This will keep your engine as clean as possible.
- Select The Right Injectors: Purchasing the wrong OEM diesel fuel injectors can cause your entire vehicle to run less efficiently. If you are using LBZ performance injectors, be sure to purchase the same models for your injection replacement. Be sure to purchase a similar quality as well to keep the injector running like new.
- Clean Off Residue: Excessive residue buildup is one of the main causes of diesel fuel injection failure, so be sure to check your system regularly. There are two types of problematic deposits that can cause failure: external and internal deposits. Carefully remove the injector and wipe it off from all angles.
- Schedule Regular Inspection: Find a mechanic or manufacturer who specializes in your type of engine, and book regular inspections with them. They will be able to pinpoint any problem areas and advise you on maintenance best practices. If you want to learn how to perform tests and replacements at home, be sure to ask them for instructions.
If you are noticing any major problems or are struggling to keep up with maintenance, consult a professional. Your engine may have hidden issues that could warrant full replacement. If this is the case, be sure to follow their instructions. Proper upkeep will pay off in the long run.